Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
There are more than 395,000 car accidents in Florida annually according to the Florida Department of Motor vehicles. The number of fatalities from these accidents increased from 2,494 to 3,176 in 2016. Car accidents have become so common that almost everyone is at risk of getting involved in one. A number of these accidents are caused by negligent drivers who put their lives and the lives of others at risk. Consult an experienced car accident attorney to help fight for your rights if you are injured or lose a loved one because of the negligent actions of a driver.
What To Do Following A Car Accident
The steps you take after a car accident may determine the outcome of your case. First you need to get medical care even if you appear to be alright. Many times people involved in car accidents avoid going to the doctor because they feel fine but after a few days start experiencing pain. After seeing a doctor, file a police report, and notify your insurance company. Then contact an experienced Tampa car accident lawyer. Other things you should do after a car accident:
- Warn oncoming traffic and do not block the road
- Immediately call the police and give your side of the story
- Take photos of the of the accident scene
- Never give a statement to an insurance company without your lawyer being present
- Help the injured
If your loved one was a victim of a fatal accident, you may be able to recover compensation for wrongful death. You may be able to recover compensation for any injuries you or a loved one suffered to your person or property if the accident happened directly because of another driver’s negligence.
What Leads To Car Accidents in Tampa
The main causes of accidents in Tampa include:
- Drivers that Text or browse the internet on their phones while driving
- Roads filled with potholes and cracks
- Drivers driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Despite the efforts that have been made to make cars safer using such things as electronic stability controls, side view cameras and so on, accidents continue to increase. It has reached a point where most people think the only solution would be autonomous cars.
Why You Need A Tampa Car Accident Lawyer
You should work with an experienced lawyer even if you think your case is so straightforward that you are guaranteed a settlement. Know that little details could easily derail your case, but an experienced attorney can deal with them before it’s too late. A lawyer can improve your chances of recovering the maximum compensation owed to you. An experienced lawyer can help you:
- Investigate your case and help you determine who is at fault
- File your claim against the appropriate party
- Prove the full extent of your losses so that you can get full compensation
- Negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies to ensure that the settlement offer addresses the full amount of the damages you suffered
- Take your case to court if a settlement cannot be reached
Your lawyer can help you obtain compensation for medical expenses, mental anguish, lost wages, loss of earning capacity and more.